I came across a great article on Inc, that I thought will be useful for my site visitors. In this article author give 7 tips on how to be productive. Here are those
- Work backwards from goals to milestones to tasks. – Break down the work into smaller and smaller chunks until you have specific tasks that can be accomplished in a few hours or less. That’s how you set goals and actually succeed in crossing them off your list.
- Stop multi-tasking. Switching from task to task quickly does not work. In fact, changing tasks more than 10 times in a day makes you dumber than being stoned.
- Eliminate distractions. Lock your door, put a sign up, turn off your phone, texts, email, and instant messaging. Go to a quiet area and focus on completing one task.
- Schedule your email. Pick few times during the day to user your email. Checking your email constantly throughout the day kills your productivity.
- Use the phone. Email isn’t meant for conversations. Pick up the phone if conversation is getting longer.
- Work on your own agenda. Don’t let something else set your day. Most people go right to their emails and start freaking out. You will end up at inbox-zero, but accomplish nothing. After you wake up, drink water so you rehydrate, eat a good breakfast to replenish your glucose, then set prioritized goals for the rest of your day.
- Work in 60 to 90 minute intervals. Your brain uses up more glucose than any other bodily activity. Typically you will have spent most of it after 60-90 minutes. So take a break: Get up, go for a walk, have a snack, do something completely different to recharge.